Amber talks about overcoming weight and language issues


Article: Amber "I used to think that weighing over 50kg was really bad but I now weigh 56kg"

Source: Newsen via Nate

"I weigh a sturdy 56 kg. In the past, since I'm a girl group member, I thought it was really bad to weigh over 50kg. But after a while, I accepted myself for who I am and became determined to never starve myself and foster a healthy body through exercise."

1. [+535, -7] Saw her in real life and she's super thin;;; I guess it's all muscle

2. [+453, -10] I wonder how tall she is? Her legs look thin and she looks like she barely has any fat on her body. She's thin enough already.

3. [+375, -17] There's rarely anyone in real life who weighs under 50kg being over 160cm tall. It's all because female idols try to maintain a certain image on TV by saying they weigh less than 50kg that people treat real women who do weigh over 50kg as pigs in real life.

4. [+26, -0] I really like her mindset... accepting yourself for who you are and never starving yourself but actively trying to live a healthy life.

5. [+17, -0] Must've been hard for a girl group member to blatantly reveal her weight like that ㅋㅋ

-


Article: Amber "I was disappointed in myself for my lack of Korean fluency"

Source: Newsen via Nate

"I was really disappointed in myself when I couldn't speak Korean on 'Real Men'. I swore at myself, thinking, 'How could I not even know this when I've lived in Korea for 7 years?' I cried because I was so frustrated."

1. [+213, -5] Find strength!

2. [+162, -4] Both mentally and physically, she's the best out of the cast..

3. [+97, -2] For...forget it.....

4. [+18, -1] First of all, I commend her for even being able to memorize f(x) lyrics when they're nonsensical for even Koreans to understand ㅋㅋ especially the lyrics for their songs like Lachata and Nu ABO...

5. [+16, -0] She still worked the hardest even though she didn't understand what was being said/going on

-