[Pann] Twice struggles with pronouncing their Korean lyrics?


Pann: Twice's pronunciation in 'TT' is seriously so bad..

"Other than Nayeon and Sana's part in the first verse, I have no idea what any of them are saying ㅋㅋㅋ It's understandable for the foreign members but it's still so bad... Even Jihyo's Korean but I don't know what she's saying in the beginning. I'll be watching the MV and going huk over their beauty before getting disappointed by their pronunciation of the lyrics. There was a lot of controversy over their pronunciation in 'Like Ooh-Ahh' and 'Cheer Up' and nothing's changed. Every single member of Twice needs to work on their pronunciation ㅠ"

-

1. [+200, -16] I think they're pronouncing it like that on purpose but I personally hate it.. ㅠㅠ I'm not asking them to enunciate every word but at least pronounce them so we can understand what they're saying

2. [+178, -185] I think it's just a characteristic of Black Eyed Pilseung's songs. Other Twice songs aren't like that at all but it seems with the title tracks, the PDs ask them to enunciate loosely. Maybe it's just what the colorpop genre is about?

3. [+146, -165] I think they're doing it on purpose because their pronunciation is okay in other songs but only in Black Eyed Pilseung's

4. [+126, -7] I don't know why fans are getting mad over this, it's not like anyone's putting Twice down, just rightful criticism over their pronunciation

5. [+105, -7] Why are people blaming Black Eyed Pilseung? SISTAR's 'Touch My Body' and miss A's 'Only You' were Black Eyed Pilseung's songs too and miss A even has foreign members but they all pronounced them fine. This is something that Twice really needs to work on, don't blame the composer for it... You have to admit Mina, Momo, Sana, and Tzuyu have always had bad pronunciation and main vocal Jihyo and main rapper Chaeyoung struggle with delivery and have loose enunciation as well. Fortunately, I can understand Jungyeon's parts clearly so by your logic, Black Eyed Pilseung doesn't tell Jungyeon to mispronounce words but the rest have to? ㅋ

6. [+99, -90] It's not really a song is it if you don't understand what they're singing... and they also autotune the crap out of their songs. Nayeon's 'Important Person' on their last album was smeared with autotune. I like the song itself but the autotune is off putting.

7. [+90, -29] The song itself isn't very addicting other than Nayeon's part in the beginning. I personally find all of Twice charming and likable but 'Cheer Up' was such a good song that this isn't a strong enough follow up for it. Overall, the music video's pretty and Jihyo's definitely gotten prettier since her 'Like Ooh-Ahh' days.

8. [+71, -33] The song is bad to listen to without the music video, the music video's so pretty

9. [+70, -7] The foreign members and Jihyo's pronunciations are weird ㅋㅋ Nayeon's not that bad and Jungyeon's very clear, Chaeyoung too. Don't blame the song, the foreign members just need to work harder on fixing it. Jihyo needs to enunciate her words better too.

10. [+66, -4] Jungyeon sings the same part as Jihyo and I hear her so clearly ㅋㅋ that just means it's Jihyo's pronunciation to blame... You can't blame the song every single time she pronounces things weirdly

11. [+64, -20] I first thought the lyrics to 'Cheer Up' were 'Shut Up'... I was shocked when I heard them singing 'Shut up baby'

12. [+63, -3] They had trouble with 'Cheer Up' pronunciations too... the girls are getting prettier by the day but can they please do something about their pronunciation too.. ㅜㅜ

13. [+61, -6] None of this is on purpose... it's just the way the foreign members pronounce things. Sana seems to be really proud of her Korean skills but she's only smart vocabulary wise and a bit better at forming sentences and writing than the others but her pronunciation is still bad.. Even in 'Cheer Up', all she had were lines like 'Molla' and 'Wae' but you could instantly tell she was Japanese by the way she pronounced them. And that was when I knew Twice had Japanese members but didn't know which ones were Japanese. And in the new song, I have no idea at all what Mina and Tzuyu are saying.. they don't have any power in their voices to begin with and add that with bad pronunciation and it's just.. JYP really needs to fix this ㅋㅋㅋ The Korean members have pretty bad pronunciation but it's not as drastic as the foreign members

14. [+53, -20] Yeah, I really have no idea what they're saying. I've watched the MV several times and I still don't know what the lyrics for the highlight are.

15. [+39, -2] Yup, I agree. The song's my style, I love the music video, and I love all the members but their pronunciation... I'm not asking for some anchorwoman-level enunciation, just enough to understand what the lyrics are. When I fist heard 'Cheer Up', I had no idea what the song was about until I heard the lyrics.

16. [+43, -2] Why do Twice fans always get up in arms and blame everyone else for things that are clearly their own fault?? It's not like one or two are the only ones saying Twice needs help in the pronunciation department, we're all just asking that Twice fix a few things to up the quality of their songs and improve themselves musically. Do you fans not want Twice to improve and advance??? You can't blame this entire thing on the composer. We can hear Jungyeon's parts clearly but the rest really need to put more effort into it. I get that fans want to shield blind attacks and all but you can't just shield everything, especially things that are clear problems that need to be fixed. Stop and think about what's best for your artist for once.

17. [+33, -1] Problem with Twice fans is that if you criticize anything about the group about their singing skills or pronunciation, they just write it off as "Twice is only getting hate because they're so popular"

-