Article: 'Dad' Doesn't matter if we don't speak the same language... we are friends
Source: OSEN via Naver
Article talked about how the New Zealand families were surprised to hear that the children were in bed by 10 or 11 because of their studies while New Zealand children are usually in bed by 7.
1. [+5,196, -38] I'm so jealous of how they live... Get to be in bed by 7 pm, less homework, lots of sports activities, barbecue grills at home, trampolines, able to run around barefoot in your front yard..
2. [+4,090, -43] This really makes me want to immigrate to New Zealand..
3. [+3,642, -28] People look so carefree and the children look so happy, it makes me jealous... Unlike our country, where your studies determine who you are as a human being...
4. [+1,052, -9] They really seem to live care free.. A large front yard, swing sets, dogs... I was so surprised to hear that they're in bed by 7 pm... while Korean kids are grinding at school and after school academies. So jealous..
5. [+827, -11] Foreign kids definitely seemed to be deep on the emotion spectrum, probably because they participate in a variety of activities. I feel so bad for Korean kids who have to compete against everyone and step over their own friends in order to survive and win...
6. [+781, -11] I loved this episode ㅠㅠ People there seem to really live happy lives... They'll probably be surprised to hear that Korean children are still studying at 11 pm... The children are so pretty, the people are so nice! I love this show.
7. [+639, -9] I want to raise my kids like the New Zealand kids... able to sleep early, no study stress, and the ability to run freely to their heart's content.
8. [+610, -7] For Korean students, being in bed by 11 pm would be considered heaven ㅋㅋ funny how that's shocking to New Zealanders! I bet they'll be even more shocked if they hear of the hell that is the Korean college entrance process
9. [+555, -12] All this damn studying, I want to go and live in New Zealand... not this country where you can't live if you can't study.
10. [+477, -12] Kids are so fascinating... They all understand each other so well despite not speaking the same language... I feel that we all turn into babos the more we age and grow up... I've been learning English for 12 years and I still feel nauseous when I have to read or speak it...
11. [+435, -7] My mom and I were obsessing over how they valued health over studies and that their kids could run around in a large yard... ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ